Friends of the Big Bear Alpine Zoo
We are looking for volunteers with a strong work ethic, who are responsible, dedicated, and can commit to conservation education, fundraising, and special projects that support Big Bear Alpine Zoo. This volunteer program is for people who want to play an active role in the conservation of wildlife and the preservation of species and habitat. It is for people who want to promote stewardship of our mountain ecosystem.
What do FOBBAZ Docent Volunteers do?
• As ambassadors for the zoo, we use key messaging to engage the public in conversations about wildlife and its habitats.
• We participate in fundraising and special projects which continue to support the zoo.
• We participate in special events that educate the public about the roles all animals play in perpetuating a healthy environment, while also emphasizing the greater role humans play in protecting species and habitat.
• We represent FOBBAZ/BBAZ at community and promotional events.
• We actively assist the organization as it prepares for special events, educational activities, and community outreach.
• We provide limited animal care and diet preparation at the zoo.
• We participate in organizational activities to ensure the continued growth and success of the organization.
• We recruit new Docent Volunteers!
You can mail your application in by downloading the Docent / Volunteer Application
You can pick one up at: 41220 Park Ave., Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
(From Big Bear Blvd, turn north onto Mountainaire. When you get to Park Ave., in front of you will be a driveway into Swim Beach. We are located in the parking lot of Swim Beach, in the building to your right.)
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (909) 878-4200